The Bottom Line
Bell’O has a whole product line of wall mounting kits that come in a variety of colors. The product I reviewed (model 8120DB) was just one of many. It retails for about $40 but I’ve seen it advertised online for as low as $25.
- Easy to install
- Sturdy design
- Installation template
- Lifetime warranty
- Weighs about 20 lbs,
- Might need an adapter to connect to your TV
- The package contents included a wall mount with screws, an installation DVD, user manual and installation template.
- The bracket is made of two pieces – one that attached to the wall and the other that attached to the television.
- The installation template is an easy to use guide that you use to measure and mark your drilling points.
- Should the tilt get loose you can always tighten the four manufacture-installed screws on the tilting mechanism.
- VESA is a standard system of measurements that TV and bracket manufacturers use when constructing their product.
Guide Review - TV Wall Mounting Kit for Dummies by Bell’O
The package contents included a wall mount with screws, an installation DVD, user manual and installation template. The entire package was tightly packed and the contents were protected by thick plastic. It has a lifetime warranty.
The model I tested was, according to Bell’O, a “tilting mount for small to medium flat screen TVs.” The tilt adjusted from +15/-5 degrees.
The bracket's VESA specifications were listed on the side of the box. VESA stands for Video Electronics Standards Association. It basically tells you where the screw holes are on the TV and the mounting bracket.
The model I tested had two VESA options (75 x 75 mm and 100 x 100 mm). It also had a weight capacity of 150 lbs.
The 8120DB looked like a shiny black brick of metal. It was made of two pieces – one that attached to the wall and the other that attached to the television.
The bracket works by sliding the piece attached to the TV from top-to-bottom onto the piece attached to the wall. This fit is stable.
The mount also tilts up and down.
The installation template is an easy to use paper that helps you measure and mark your drilling points. It has instructions in English, French and Spanish.
It really helps level the bracket and mark your drill points.
Hanging Your Television
This is the most difficult part of the project. The reason is because the TV bracket must be aligned perfectly to slide onto the bracket connected to the wall.
Be smart. You don’t want to be the guy that drops the TV and has to explain to the wife how it happened. Get a helping hand.
All in all, the TV Wall Mounting Kit for Dummies is a good product and I recommend it to anyone interested in mounting their flat panel television to the wall. The bracket is well-designed, easy to install and priced competitively.