FAQs & Tips
From Ron Goldberg, former About.com Guide
- Audio and Video Wiring
- Digital TV
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Antenna Reception
- Green Electronics - HDTVs
Audio and Video Wiring
I have a hard time thinking of anything more frustrating than having to crawl behind a TV to change cables. So, it's important to me to do it right the first time.
- Wiring Diagrams
- Difference between RF Modulator and Video Switcher
- Wall Mount and Hide Cables
- Connect a RF Modulator
- Connect a Video Switcher
- Basics of Connecting Components
- Connecting a High-Definition Video Source Using an HDMI Cable
- Connecting an Audio-Visual Source Using Component Video Cables
- Accell HDMI switcher
- Tara Labs Vector Component Video Cables
- Top Video Switchers and RF Modulators
- Wireless Tv Transmitter
- How to Determine if You Have a Bad Loudspeaker
- How to Fix Audio/Video Synch Problems
- Correcting Low Center Channel Dialog
Digital TV is here to stay. Get to know digital TV as a technology and how it impacts you.
- The Digital Transition
- DTV Converter Box Coupon Program
- How Much Will a New HDTV cost?
- Problems with the Digital Transition
- Watch Free HDTV
- What Is Digital TV (DTV)?
- What Is HDTV?
- Are Portable Analog TVs Useless?
- Important Facts About Accessing 1080p Resolution on HDTV
- HMI Facts
- What's the Difference Between Digital TV and Analog?
- How to Rewire for Over-the-Air Digital Broadcast
- Digital TV Definition
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
These are some of the more common questions I get asked. Be sure to check the forum also as there are other questions posted there that might apply to your situation.
- What Is 3D TV?
- What Is an Internet-Enabled TV?
- What’s the Difference Between an LED and LCD TV?
- Do I Need a New TV with Digital TV?
- How Can I Save Money When Buying a HDTV?
- What Is An Edge-Lit LED TV?
- How Do I Connect a RF Modulator?
- How Close Can I Sit from the TV?
- Should I Buy an Extended Warranty?
- What are Low-Power, Class A and Translator TV Stations?
- What is HDMI 1.3?
- Which HDTV is better - 720p, 1080i or 1080p?
- What Type of Antenna Should I Buy?
- You Bought a HDTV...Now What?
- How Do I Set Up a Basic Home Theatre System?
Antennas will have a place in our homes and on our roofs as long as they help us get free TV. Now is a great time to watch your local channels in digital for free with an uncompressed signal that is better than cable and satellite.
- Antenna Buying Guide
- DTV Converter Boxes and Antennas
- Antenna Benefits
- Watch and Record with a DTV Converter Box and VCR
- Learn about Low Power, Class A, and Translator TV Stations
- Watch HD for Free
- Antenna Connection Diagrams
- Instructions on Using Antenna Web
Green Electronics - HDTVs
Green electronics is a term used to describe products that are manufactured with the environment in mind. In theory, green electronics conserve less energy and leave a smaller carbon footprint than non-green products.