This is one thing that drives me crazy when searching for TV programming on a DirecTV HD receiver. Basically, the analog channel is listed next to the HD channel so on screen you see about half as many channels as you should.
Another thing is that HD subscribers have to flip through the the analog equivalent of a high definition channel when channel surfing.
Luckily, there is an easy solution:
- Press Menu on the remote control
- Select Parental, Fav's & Setup
- Select System Setup
- Select [b}Display
- Scroll to Guide HD Channels and press Select
- Highlight in yellow Hide SD duplicates and press Select
- Press Exit on remote control