What does it do?
The UltraAV is essentially an A/B switcher, only for HDMI cables. This device makes it possible to connect two HDMI devices to one HDMI input on the TV.
Here is a quick look at the UltraAV:
- Supports all High Definition resolutions (720p, 1080i, 1080p)
- Doesn't need external power
- Comes with a remote control and IR extender
- HDMI compliant
- Compatible with DVI sources with HDMI converter
- About the size of three credit cards stacked on top of each other
The cost is approximately $99 and it is available at many major elecronics stores. For the complete list, please visit their website.
I think a lot of people will find this product very useful over the next few years. I saw it at the 2007 Consumer Electronics Show and it was so small you wouldn't even notice it connected to the cables. It's as easy to install as screwing the cap on a bottle of soda.
While a lot of TV manufacturers make news with their 100" TVs, this is the type of innovation that is practical for everyday life. It will make a difference since many TV-related products will have a DVI or HDMI output at some point in the near future.