What is the evo system?:
In simple terms, the evo system consists of aluminum wall-mounted rails and tracks that extend 4" from the wall. They come together to form a structure that looks a lot like a tic-tac-toe game board. Removable 16”x16” wood panels attach to the tracks to make the design complete.
Advantage of Modular Design:
As for the evo system, the rails and tracks come in two sizes - 54”x18” and 72”x18” – and three colors - black, graphite and silver. The wood panels are available in five colors – walnut, maple, black ash, cherry and espresso.
As a result, a person could opt for only one section or combine multiple sections to make an entire evo system wall.
Note: Vantage Point accepts custom orders for larger sizes by phone at (562) 946-1718.
- One 54”x18” frame with three panels costs $725 USD.
- Three 54”x18” frames with nine panels and an expansion kit costs $1675 USD.
- Six 54”x18” frames with eighteen panels and an expansion kit costs $3100 USD.
Designing for Your Home or Business:
You can also place various components onto the design to see what it would look like in your living room or office. This is a huge selling point because a lot of people, like me, are not designers and would otherwise have a difficult time envisioning this product in real life before buying it.
You can also save your design while deciding to purchase or not.
It might be worthwhile to hire a professional installer if you aren’t comfortable with drilling, measuring and connecting. Just make sure the installation has a warranty.
What's nice is that you can take it with you if you move. Vantage Point says this product “is perfect for installations in apartments and rented homes since it can be easily removed requiring only minor wall repairs.”
My concern would be related to the install. The final product will likely have hundreds of pounds connected to the wall. I would definitely make sure you attach the evo system to a strong structure.
The Bottom Line:
This is what I like:
- The entire design is customizable for almost any environment.
- It is easy to install and uninstall.
- The final design is expandable for various accessories like tempered glass shelves, flat panel mounts and speaker mounts.
- You won’t have to run wires inside a wall or find tricky ways of disguising them. It should also be easier to integrate new components into the wiring scheme.
- I love being able to design an evo system on their Web site.